Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The General


I'm just starting to feel better from having the flu for the past week and a half. My sinuses also have been acting up as well, leaving me to be no good to anyone(not completely true;). Having body aches and chills, all my body wanted to do is sleep and that's exactly what I did. It's a good thing Marc had off for four days to help me out. Then it was back to work. I felt bad for Xavier being stuck in the house with me. On some afternoons I'd bundle up and take him out the the park for a couple of hours. It's such a blessing that Xavier is a "goes with the flow" type of child. Still sick my body needed rest, Xavier would lay in bed with me until I got up. As soon as my eyes opened he would get right in my face with a big smile and a little laugh. I'd get him all washed up, changed and get his breakfast. He's not much of a breakfast eater. Now all he likes to eat is fruit and some sort of starch i.e. waffles(barely) toast(maybe) pancakes(rarely) and of course his juice.
Which doesn't sound too bad, oh and he likes to eat turkey bacon(sometimes) but I'm not sure if chewing up and spitting out is exactly eating. Some foods Xavier will chew up and spit it out onto his plate. This is a little embarrassing when we all go out to eat. God bless him, but what can ya do, he's only two. Recently we went out to our favorite Chinese restaurant. Not only do they have the best food but every time we go there they treat our little sweety pie like he's a celebrity. Short of getting photographed Xavier is greeted with big smiles, high fives and small conversation that a two year old can handle. We havnt been there for months so it was nice to finally be able to go. It's funny to think as I'm writing this, we've mainly have been going to Chucky Cheese. Hmm, so we fix our plates. I usually get Xavier lo mein, french fries, spring roll, and vegatable rice. You think he ate any of it? Nope, but thats ok. All he wanted to eat was General Tso's chicken off of our plates. The chicken was made spicy hot, but he kept eating. Marc went up and got X a plate of his own, full of General Tso chicken. It was great that he was eating and loved it. The only thing was that he was chewing it up and spitting about 40% out. By the time we were all done eating there was a plate piled up with what looked like cat food. "Check please".

No comments:

Post a Comment