Monday, March 14, 2011

'addy's first words




Lissen up! Y'all may've heard of me around here...I go by many names, but Xavier calls me......'ADDY!!! (lightning...thunder sound effects here!) HAHA! I'm so glad Sonia started this new blog to further document our experiences as the parents of one of the coolest little boys ever to strum a guitar, or play the drums. After 2 and a half years of watching lil' Xav grow, so many things have become clear. One of the most apparent, is that he is very soulful. The way he connects with whats going on around him is amazing. It seems like he finds the rhythm in everything. Watching TV or listening to the radio is always fun. If he hears a melody that he digs, he will BOLT around the house lookin for one of his guitars (God help us if he cant find it) And return to go thru the motions like a true "Rock God"! Gyrating! Closing his eyes! Swaying back and forth! And when he's done, this kid, this TODDLER, will raise the guitar with one arm over his head and simply drop it to the floor! NOT something me and Sonia are thrilled about by the way, (not on the hardwood floor!) but we are entertained. And while I might jam with him, noone taught him his moves. Thats the cool thing about watching a baby grow into a little person; we get to see how a true individual comes to be. A true talent. And man! Xavier is one to watch. Just when I think I couldnt be anymore proud of him, my son melts my heart all over again. I cant wait to write more. Sonia and I have big plans for the future. Thank God we're all healthy, (well, Sonia and Xavier both have colds, but we're handling it), and our families are doing well. (missing uncle Tommy, but taking it one day at a time, and keeping his memory alive)
Thank God for all of our blessings, through all of our ups and downs. Through all the trials of life that we never see coming, we are a family, and we only get stronger in love.

2 comments:

  1. What a pa-toot-ie! Great blog guys! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see more of the little Prince's adventures!!!! So happy you had a wonderful birthday, 'ADDY. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete